I got up just before 8 today. After breakfast Lance, Dacey, and I went to the Cathedral of Saint John the Devine. It was soooooo hot in there! Lance asked a maintenance guy if it was always that hot and he said in the summer it’s hot and in the winter it’s cold. There isn’t central air or a heat! It didn’t help that the week prior it had been the hottest weather they’ve had. Wow. I couldn’t attend a service there unless the weather was nice. Haha. Actually I’d never attend a service there. I am not in agreement with their doctrine one single bit.

It was built by Masons. I’m not going to get into it all but that’s the Occult. Not just a cult. Not all Masons are aware of what’s going on higher up. First degrees think it’s a fraternity of charitable contributions and such. The majority of our founding fathers were Mason’s and it’s pretty crazy when you research all the mystical garbage they truly founded America on. I don’t believe America was built on God or Christianity. That was used as a cover up to make it more appealing to the actual Christians who came here for religious freedom. Just look at our money and at our government buildings. It’s all New Age and Greek Mythology. There is so much hidden right in front of our eyes. “Apollyon Rising 2012: The Lost Symbol Found and the Final Mystery of the Great Seal Revealed” by Thomas Horn is very informative when it comes to the history of our nation.
The Cathedral had some very cool architecture but some odd symbols at the same time. The Freemasonry logo was prominent. There was a Buddhist prayer chest. Why? And a statue of Gandhi. Huh?

I find it odd the church added pillars in 1997 near the entrance depicting the destruction of New York. Yes, the Cathedral was named for John who penned Revelation and some believe NY to be Babylon the Great, but why include art that depicts the demise of the state it is on display in? Weird.

They have a pagan sculpture in the garden. Sun worship and mythical creatures are its focus. And odd it has John Lennon’s saying “One day the world will live as one” written on it. New World Order perhaps?

I wasn’t privy to the interesting rituals they perform there but they have a “blessing of the animals”, “blessing of the bikes”, “winter solstice celebration”, “the grand procession of the ghouls” at Halloween… Check out http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=241 for detailed info on the activities that are going on under the cloud of a “Christian Church”.
We headed to Columbus Circle and had dessert at Bouchon Bakery before getting lunch at a stand in Central Park.



We met up with the Ryan’s at the World Trade Center. They’re in the process of building. Sad to think of the tragedy that took place there nearly 9 years ago.

We were discussing getting dinner and the Ryan’s mentioned a pizza place they previously went to. I heard $1 slices in the conversation. We headed toward the subway and I heard them say it was in Brooklyn. My question was why were we going to Brooklyn at 5 pm when in 2 1/2 hours Lance and I had to be back in Times Square for a musical and #1 a play? The trip there was 30 minutes plus the walk and double that for the ride back. They reassured us they only waited 10 minutes before they got a seat. I felt a check in my spirit but went along anyway. I should have spoken up.
The line was down the block when we arrived at Grimaldi’s. And the sign on the door said “No Slices. Cash Only”. What? I thought it was the $1 a slice place. Nope. You had to buy a whole pizza. I wasn’t that hungry! We were told we’d have a 15 minute wait. Well after 15, 25, 35, 45…minutes passed I was panicking. Lance and I agreed if we weren’t called in 5 minutes we were leaving. Well we were called. And then had another 30 minute wait to get the pizza. Turns out they had gone at 10 pm so of course they got right in. We were there at dinner time.
I am a slow eater. There was no way I could have eaten a half of a pizza in zero minutes so we asked them to box it up and how much we owed. The waiter was confused but we didn’t care. I’m sure Dacey and the guys thought we were being silly but I was stressing out and annoyed that I wasted all the time of going there. They all stayed and enjoyed their meal.

We got on the subway with the pizza (it was in a paper bag, not your standard box). Lance had to stand so I was hovering it above my lap so I wouldn’t get grease stains on me. A spot finally opened up near me and we were able to eat a slice. We got off and continued to eat while walking down the street. It was quite the adventure. We made it to our show just at 7:30 when the doors were opening. We wouldn’t have made it had we stayed and ate. There is no way.
The only mean person we encountered on the trip happened to be in line behind us. There were so many shows around and Times Square is crazy busy so we wanted to double check we were in the right line. Lance asked a guy in a suit. He looked Lance up and down in his shorts and t-shirt holding a pizza and rudely snorted, “Yeah. You even got tickets?” What a punk!
“The Addams Family Musical” was fun. How many times do you have the opportunity to go to a Broadway Show? Lance loves the Addams Family so it was perfect for him. I’m glad he was so happy. #1 was at a different theater seeing “The Screwtape Letters” by himself. Poor guy had to go alone but he didn’t seem to mind.


While waiting for the bus we made friends with Kate and Jeff who were at the hotel next to ours. They were clueless as to how to get back so we helped them out. They thanked us a ton and said they couldn’t have done it without us. I’m glad we could be so helpful throughout the week and get help when we needed it as well.
I've been following your blog posts and it sounds like you did TONS during your time in NYC (and Brooklyn). I'm so glad you went to Bouchon and got sweets, including what looks like a macaron. Did you like it? I went there and blogged about it once!
ReplyDelete~your blog is what inspired me to find bouchon bakery! thanks! i got the strawberry macaron and loved it!~
ReplyDelete